Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi movie FINALLY happening? ‘George Lucas approving locations’

Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi movie FINALLY happening? ‘George Lucas approving locations’

It has been alleged that George Lucas was in Belfast recently to give his seal of approval to potential locations for the spin-off.

According to the Belfast Telegraph, staff at the Paint Hall studios have been informed that Star Wars will be setting up shop there once the final season of Game of Thrones wraps filming in the same location.

“We’ve been told there will be work throughout 2019 because Star Wars is coming to Belfast,” said an insider.

“It was all very low key, only a few people knew that the old guy walking round the set was George Lucas.

“It was only when we were told about Star Wars coming here next year that it dawned on us that was why he was here before Christmas.”

The paper’s report adds that the film could be directed by Stephen Daldry, whose previous credits include Billy Elliot and The Reader.

Ewan McGregor, who played Obi-Wan in the prequel trilogy, has so far insisted that nothing is set in stone.

“It’s just that [a rumour]. There’s a lot of talk,” he said at the Golden Globes.

“I’d be happy to play him again. I don’t know any more about it more than you do.”

“I saw the new one [Episode 8: The Last Jedi] over Christmas. I thought it was really, really beautiful. I loved it.”

In the meantime, the next spin-off film Solo: A Star Wars Story is out on May 25.

Source

Leave a Reply